Every day, we share a handful of insightful links on our Facebook page centered around the topics of behavioral & mental health, happiness, relationships, substance abuse, St. Johns County community resources and more.
Here’s a summary of all of the links and resources we shared over the past week.
- Insomnia Linked to Damage in Brain Communication Networks – Using a sophisticated MRI technique, researchers have found abnormalities in the brain’s white matter tracts in patients with insomnia.
- It’s Not Mindfulness Without Kindness – For a calmer and more fulfilling life, combine mindfulness with kindness (towards yourself as well as others).
- Longitudinal Study of Adolescent Brain and Cognitive Development (ABCD Study) – Check out the ABCD study, which will help us understand drug effects on the developing brain.
- Headspace App – Headspace is meditation made simple. Treat yourself to our guided audio meditation exercises.
- Designing An App For People With Severe Mental Illness – NIDA-funded designers created an app that targets smokers with severe mental illnesses.
- Detailed Analysis of Autism Associated Genes Finds Involvement in Key Pathways and Processes – Identified pathways overlap with other conditions, involve signaling, metabolic and neural systems.
- A meditation teacher’s 4 tips for calming down and refocusing in just 30 seconds – You’ve got this. ?
- A Harvard Psychologist Explains the Key to Spotting a Liar – Pay attention to facial expression and posture.
- 18 Behaviors of Emotionally Intelligent People – IQ is overrated.