Every day, we share a handful of insightful links on our Facebook page centered around the topics of behavioral & mental health, happiness, relationships, substance abuse, St. Johns County community resources and more.
Here’s a summary of all of the links and resources we shared over the past week.
- Managing My Irritability Before Depression & Mania Take Hold – My rising irritability means depression or hypomania could be around the corner. Being able to identify subtle changes in mood and take corrective action is important for managing my bipolar disorder.
- This Woman Took Selfies Before and After Her Panic Attack – “I’m so sick of the fact that it’s 2016 and there is still so much stigma around mental health.”
- Free Admission to the Castillo de San Marcos – In recognition of the National Parks Service’s 100th Anniversary, the Castillo de San Marcos National Monument will offer FREE admission all week from Saturday, April 16, to Sunday, April 24, 2016.
- Tackling mental-health-related stigma: a narrative review of anti-stigma interventions – Mental-health-related stigma has devastating consequences for people with mental illness.
- How to let altruism be your guide – What is altruism? Put simply, it’s the wish that other people may be happy. And, says Matthieu Ricard, a happiness researcher and a Buddhist monk, altruism is also a great lens for making decisions, both for the short and long term, in work and in life.
- Help Frank Murphy – Banquet Cook from Casa Monica Hotel – This is a shout out to someone who is in dire need of help. The Banquet cook at Casa Monica Hotel in Saint Augustine, Florida. Frank just lost his wife. She had a baby 2 weeks ago,and she died of a brain aneurism yesterday.
- Community Hospice of Northeast Florida Caregiver Expo 2016 – Refresh, renew and learn about supportive resources at the Caregiver Expo 2016. FREE registration!
- 25 Reasons to Have a Counselor in Your Life – “Everyone has a source of inner freedom. Counseling can help you find it.”